July 6, 2012

That one time I got really drunk on accident

All good intentions I had for myself at the beginning of this week went out the door in an embarrassingly short amount of time.

I think I'm just gonna stay home and watch Girls tonight, I told my roommate.
All right, well I'm gonna head to the bar.
Ok fine FINE I guess I'll go with you.

I'm blaming the severity of my hangover today on the fact that I uttered the statement "I'm not going to drink that much tonight." This all but guarantees a blackout. Or at least the instance of an intense dance party that involves party lasers and lasts until 3am on a work night.

Judge away, my friends. But I'm willing to bet there wasn't a party laser at your 4th of July party, so any immature behavior that occurred was completely warranted. I think we can all agree on that.

The party laser was accompanied by these cheesecake cupcakes, which are far better than any normal cheesecake because 1) small things = better things (that's not what she said) 2) they aren't as hard to make as normal cheesecake, which means you can trick people into thinking you slaved away over them and 3) you can add different toppings to each for the picky people in your life.


I modified a recipe I found on AllRecipes. And of course added some chocolate. I then ate 4 of them.


Here's a fun little Independence Day tip: add raspberries to anything and it is immediately festive. 'MERICA.

Cheesecake Cupcakes
Makes 12 cupcakes

Ingredients
Graham cracker crust
2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 tbl. sugar
2 tbl. butter, melted

Cheesecake
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
3 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs

Chocolate ganache topping
4.5 ounces bittersweet chocolate (have fun figuring that one out)
1/2 cup heavy cream

1. Preheat oven to 325F. Line muffin pan with FOIL cupcake liners.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter with a fork until combined. Measure a rounded tablespoon of the mixture into the bottom of each muffin cup, pressing firmly. Bake for 5 minutes, then remove to cool. Keep the oven on.
3. Beat together the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla until fluffy. Mix in the eggs.
4. Pour the cream cheese mixture into the muffin cups, filling each until 3/4 full. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool completely in pan before removing. Refrigerate.
5. For the chocolate ganache, place the chocolate in a medium-sized bowl. Heat the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil, watching carefully because the cream will boil out of the pot like whoa. When the cream has come to a boil, pour over the chocolate and whisk until smooth.
6. Spoon the chocolate ganache on top of the cupcakes. Top with a raspberry or strawberry or blueberry or peanut butter. What?



No comments:

Post a Comment