June 17, 2012

A lesson on cupcaking.

It truly seems all too perfect, but "cupcaking" is indeed a term. It is something you, unknowing civilian, have even participated in yourself I'm willing to bet.


According to Urban Dictionary, database of all things true and accurate, cupcaking is a verb. It means to pay more attention to a girl than your friends, usually through text messaging or other forms of technological communication. A person will usually do so in attempts to hook up or flirt with a girl, and it is seen as "warming them up."

So, how is it used in a sentence?

“Dude, stop cupcaking with that ugly ass ho”

Or

"That guy is always cupcaking with his girl in the hallway"

I totally don't get it. So you're telling me dudes don't text girls or hang around them at bars just because they like their personality? And want to be in good company? Jay kayy. I have two brothers, I have had boyfriends before, I used to live with three dudes - I know your tricks.

My version of cupcaking? Ripping off Sprinkles Cupcakes for their famous vanilla buttercream. You probably just got super excited that I'm about to share some top secret cupcake-members-only recipe. So I guess I won't tell you that it's actually a pretty standard buttercream recipe I found on the interwebs. Someone claims it is what they use at Sprinkles, but then again there are also a lot of old men sitting in their underwear claiming they are hot young girls while online at this very moment. A/S/L? 55/male/Ohio 18/female/NY.

If you think these cupcakes look boring, that's because they are. White on white, baby. No that is not the title of a civil rights novel. It's just how I like my cupcakes.


Sprinkles Vanilla Buttercream that may not be from Sprinkles at all


Ingredients
1 cup butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/8 tsp. salt

Combine butter, powdered sugar, and salt. Beat until blended. Add the milk and vanilla and beat for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, until smooth and creamy.





And just because I can't resist...


Those god damn young people and those things they do.

2 comments:

  1. Vanilla gets such a bad rap. it's not like its not a flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fuck you, you nasty ass bitch, Maddie

    ReplyDelete